Power Ranger Online Message Board

Go Back   Power Ranger Online Message Board > Power Rangers Online > Power Rangers Online Feedback And Requests > Zabitan's Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06/19/15, 04:30 PM   #211
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Back at the dojo Obatatron sends out more balloons which brainwash the kids, and trap Ryan, and Kaitlin, and JB, and Chad show up.

But Ryan, and Kaitlin's balloons float off, and JB chases after them while Chad stays, and explains everything to Tao.

JB decides to transform, and summons the Fighter Bike, and runs into Obatatron who tries to trap him in a balloon.

But JB breaks free, and shoots Obatattron causing him to flee, and frees Ryan, and Kaitlin with his sword.

After a brief scene at the dojo we see Obatatron making more balloons to brainwash more children.

At the lab the Professor shows Obatatron's balloons chasing after children, and explains that Obatatron is being powered by a special pulse from the Air Castle.

So he gives the Troopers a device that will lure Obatatron, and disable his pulse.

Obatatron chases after the decoy pulse so Kaitlin changes her car into flight mode.

But Air Striker, and Fighterbot (who are still around) spot them so Grimlord spends Quantum Cruisers after them.

Obatatron finds the decoy pulse device, and destroys it with a laser so Ryan transforms.

Quantum Cruisers, and Air Fighters fire on Ryan while Air Striker, Fighterbot fire on Kaitlin's car so she, and JB transform as well.

The Quantum Cruisers keep firing on everyone so Kaitlin summons her clone, Ryan summons the Blue Hawk, and JB summons the Troopertron.

Ryan, and JB destroy the Air Fighters, and Quantum Cruisers, and Obatatron tries to rush after JB, and the two Kaitlins.

But JB fires a laser, and he, and the two Kaitlins rush after him, and JB destroys Obatatron with Laser Lance.

And at Tao dojo Obatatron's spell wears off, and the kids go back to playing.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames Ivar, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at Tao dojo Tao is teaching the kids karate, and Chad has learned his lesson, and we get one last comedy bit with Jeb breaking boards.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/15, 04:31 PM   #212
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was all right, not too bad but not too good either.

One hand I like the story with Grimlord controlling kids.

And the thing with Chad lying so much that nobody believed him when something bad really happened.

On the other hand it felt like a retread of the last episode but with kids instead of bikers.

I probably wouldn't care about it if they waited a bit before having this episode.

I think another thing is that Obatatron is one of the few silly looking Spielban monsters.

And I felt like some parts like the parts with Chad trying to explain what happened to Tao, and the parts where JB fought Obatatron could have been turned into one big part each instead of several small parts.

Other than that I can't think of any other problems, and I can't think of anything that got cut from the Spielban episode that I would have liked.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Old 06/20/15, 11:33 PM   #213
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at The Millennium Sabre written by Judd Lynn, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that if you believe in yourself nothing is impossible.

We then go to Ziktor industries where Ziktor watches some Spielban footage of Ivar, and a green samurai themed mutant taking swords from the museum, and looking for one they can't find, and bending the rest.

We then go to an antique sale where the Troopers are looking at stuff when JB finds a rusted sword, and an old man named Max Maxwell explains that it's a relic from the museum, and the Troopers decide to buy it.

At Ziktor industries one of Ziktor's secretaries explains that the rusted sword the Troopers found is the Millennium Sabre which Ivar, and the green mutant were looking for.

So he transforms into Grimlord, and orders his minions to steal it from the Troopers.

At Tao dojo after a brief comedy bit with Jeb messing with Tao the Troopers come over, and give him the sword.

Then a pair of men from the museum come over, and want the sword but the Troopers trick them by giving them the wrong name.

And when exposed the men transform into an army of Skugs.

Not much happens other than the Troopers and Tao punch, and kick Skugs but eventually one of them steals the sword.

Tao, and Kaitlin destroy two Skugs while Ryan, and JB destroy the final two Skugs.

Tao then takes them to the secret room where he takes out a book, and explains that the sword is the Millennium Sabre.

Which he explains is an evil sword that most of the time is rusted but one day every thousand years it becomes all powerful.

We then see the green mutant bending more swords to the point that Ivar doesn't think it exists to the point that when a Skug gives him it he almost destroys it as well.

But the green mutant recognizes it as the Millennium Sabre, and gives it to Grimlord.

At Tao dojo Ryan, and JB decide to go to the lab while Kaitlin decides to go to the Underground Voice Daily.
Old 06/20/15, 11:34 PM   #214
Zabitan
Administrator

The Professor informs the Troopers that Grimlord's mutants are invading reality while Kaitlin sees a weather forecast about an electrical storm.

And Kaitlin figures out that maybe that's the source of the sword's powers.

And to confirm that we see the green mutant holding the sword He Man style, and the sword is restored to full power.

And Grimlord orders Ivar, and the green mutant who's named Lizardbot to destroy the Troopers.

Back at the lab the Professor informs Ryan, and JB that the Millennium Sabre is at full power, and Kaitlin tries to explain where the sword's powers come from.

But Air Striker, and Fighterbot fire on her so Ryan, and JB transform, and Ryan summons the Blue Hawk.

JB gets into a sword fight with Ivar, and defeats Ivar but Lizardbot has a go at it, and hits JB so he uses his laser but it doesn't work.

Ryan destroys Air Striker, and Fighterbot while JB uses Laser Lance but even that doesn't work against the Millennium Sabre, and JB is thrown off a cliff.

JB has another go at fighting Lizardbot but once again gets trounced by the Millennium Sabre.

While Kaitlin finishes explaining where the sword's powers come from, and the Professor tells Ryan to use Blue Hawk to store enough voltage of the opposite polarity.

Kaitlin transforms, and splits into two Kaitlins but even they aren't enough for Lizardbot, and the Millennium Sabre.

Ryan gathers voltage with the Blue Hawk but Grimlord finds out, and sends out Grimstars after Ryan.

But Ryan destroys them, gathers enough voltage, and uses it to destroy the Millennium Sabre allowing JB to destroy Lizardbot with Laser Lance.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord once again shames Ivar, and swears vengeance on the Troopers.

Back at Tao dojo we get one last comedy bit where the Troopers get Jeb to stop messing with Tao.

Anyway Ryan sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 06/20/15, 11:34 PM   #215
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts

Today's episode was pretty good.

I liked the story with Grimlord trying to get his hands on some ancient mystical sword of evil, and the Troopers themselves just randomly buying it at an antique sale.

I also thought that Lizardbot was a cool monster with cool powers.

Oddly enough though I wonder why they called him that when he didn't look all that reptilian, and because there's another monster this season called Lizbot.

It makes me wonder why not just call him Samuraibot or something since I think that would be more appropriate.

I also liked the part with Ryan destroying Air Striker, and Fighterbot.

Also I can't think of anything that they cut out from the Spielban fight they used.

Old 06/23/15, 09:22 PM   #216
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Grimlord's Dark Secret part one written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off with today's "My dad taught me" moment where Ryan talks about the time his dad taught him that friends always come first.

We then go to an archeological site where the Troopers are meeting with a non copyright infringing version of Indiana Jones named Nebraska Smith.

Smith has just discovered The Box of Isis a supposedly cursed pre Egyptian artifact that if solved will reveal great secrets at the cost that you disappear forever.

At Ziktor industries one of his secretaries informs him what's happening, and that they could discover the truth about him being Grimlord.

So he transforms into Grimlord, and explains everything to his minions, and orders them to destroy the Troopers, and Nebraska Smith.

At the archeological site Nebraska Smith plays with the tiles in The Box of Isis, and it makes a rather Stargate esque portal appear.

Nebraska Smith then enters the portal, and Ryan decides to go after him but not before telling Kaitlin, and JB to take the Box of Isis to Tao.

Ryan then finds himself in some other dimension that looks like a random mountain range but the sky has all these random planets in it.

At the Dark Fortress Oraclon, and Despera inform Grimlord about what's going on.

At Tao dojo after a brief comedy bit with Jeb ordering pizzas for Percy when JB, and Kaitlin arrive with The Box of Isis.

Then they go into the secret room, and show him The Box of Isis, and he was explains what we already know while messing with the tiles.

Then he opens a different portal then the one Ryan, and Nebraska Smith went into but Kaitlin decides to enter anyway.

Kaitlin ends up at the Dark Fortress when she hears Grimlord coming back so she hides by a statue, and Grimlord appears with Doom Master.

Kaitlin overhears Grimlord explaining what's going on, and ordering Doom Master to destroy Ryan, and Nebraska Smith before teleporting out.

Then Oraclon tells Doom Master that one of the Troopers is there so he pulls out his sword, and finds Kaitlin, and tries to slash her but she escapes back to Tao dojo.
Old 06/23/15, 09:22 PM   #217
Zabitan
Administrator

Kaitlin explains what happened, and JB tries to contact Ryan but something about the other dimension blocks communication so they go to the lab.

In the other dimension Ryan finds Nebraska Smith who has found a pyramid, and plans to enter it.

But Doom Master appears with two rocks he puts together, and they shoot a laser that turns Nebraska Smith into a statue.

Doom Master then tries to do the same to Ryan but he dodges, and transforms, and the laser bounces off, and hits Doom Master forcing him to retreat.

At the lab the Professor explains what we already know, and explains that he, and Tyler Steele found the Box of Isis before Nebraska Smith.

He also explains that they used it to create the VR Trooper powers, and we see a flashback of Steele, and Hart finding the Box of Isis.

Then Ziktor in disguise appears with his secretaries, and they steal the Box of Isis, and Grimlord uses it to transform into Grimlord, and shoots a laser at Hart.

Hart then explains that that's why he's a only a virtual image now, and not long after that Grimlord, and his minions kidnapped Steele.

In the other dimension Ryan enters a cave full of Easter Island heads, and a weird pyramid with a stone slab for a door.

Ryan tries to scan it but can't so he tries to force the door but it explodes without opening so Ryan tries firing his laser but the pyramid fires an arrow at him.

At the lab JB, and Kaitlin decide to go back to the archeological site to find a way to find Ryan while in the other dimension Doom Master appears, and he, and Ryan have a sword battle.

Grimlord watches on his monitor, and orders the fight be taken to the Indigo Sector where Doom Master attacks with bad breath (not joking), and spitting fireballs.

Then Doom Master shrinks down, and he, and Ryan go back to sword fighting but Doom Master uses a shockwave so Ryan fires his laser but it doesn't work.

At the archeological site JB, and Kaitlin use the Box of Isis, and the portal to the Isis dimension appears so they enter it.

Oraclon explains what's going on to Grimlord so he sends Doom Master, and Ryan back to the Isis dimension.

Ryan tries to warn JB, and Kaitlin but Doom Master turns them into statues, and teleports away.

To be continued.
Old 06/24/15, 09:53 PM   #218
Zabitan
Administrator

Welcome to another Magic Happy VR Troopers Review, and today we're looking at Grimlord's Dark Secret part two written by Michael Ryan, and directed by Al Winchel.

So we start off where we left off in the Isis dimension with JB, and Kaitlin turned into statues, and Ryan trying to contact the Professor when Jeb appears.

We then go to the Dark Fortress where Doom Master, and Despera explain what happened, and Grimlord orders Despera to destroy Ryan.

In the Isis dimension Jeb has just finished explaining what's going on so Ryan decides to check the pyramid out again but can't get passed the arrows.

At the lab the Professor explains what the rock Doom Master used to turn the other Troopers, and Nebraska Smith into statues.

While in the Isis dimension Ryan solves another hieroglyphic tile puzzle, and it opens the pyramid but Despera appears so Ryan transforms.

Despera hits Ryan with her staff, and teleports but Ryan gets a lucky hit so she takes the, fight to the Fractal Zone where she teleports, and hits Ryan with her staff some more, and traps Ryan in a flaming crystal ball.

Then they go to the Indigo Sector where Ryan shoots lasers at Despera but she shoots at him, and they go back to the Isis dimension where Ryan tricks Despera into getting hit by an arrow.

Ryan transforms back, and finds the rock Doom Master used to turn the other Troopers, and Nebraska Smith into statues.

But Ryan is caught between using it to return everyone to normal, and finding out Grimlord's identity but remembers the moral of the day, and goes for his friends.
Old 06/24/15, 09:53 PM   #219
Zabitan
Administrator

At the Dark Fortress Oraclon recommends a hydra like mutant called Hydrabot to destroy Ryan.

Back in the Isis dimension Ryan uses the rock to turn JB, and Kaitlin back to normal, and they go to do the same to Nebraska Smith.

Ryan goes back to the Pyramid, and finds this weird Necromonicon esque book with Grimlord's face on it but Hydrabot appears so Ryan transforms.

Hydrabot spits fire, and disappears so Ryan looks for him but Hydrabot grabs him from behind.

But Ryan breaks free, and tries to use his laser but Hydrabot steals it, and hits Ryan with his snake heads.

Grimstars fire on JB, and Kaitlin so they transform, and summon the Skybase.

Ryan runs from Hydrabot, and when they get out of the cave Ryan gets his weapons back, and shoots Hydrabot forcing him to retreat back into the cave.

JB, and Kaitlin destroy the Grimstars while Ryan finds Hydrabot who attacks him with snake heads, and fire again so Ryan shoots lasers at him, but it doesn't work so he destroys Hydrabot with Laser Saber.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord orders Oraclon to take the Pyramid to a different dimension, and trap the Troopers in the Isis dimension.

At the lab the Professor explains what's going on while in the Isis dimension Ryan is about to open the book, and learn Grimlord's identity when the Pyramid throws him back, and disappears.

Jeb shows up in the Isis dimension to rescue the Troopers, and the other Troopers find Ryan, and they all go to find Nebraska Smith.

After a brief bit of Grimlord gloating the Troopers find Nebraska Smith, and Ryan returns him to normal while JB, and Kaitlin escape through the portal.

Nebraska Smith escapes the Isis dimension, and there's a part where Ryan trips, and it looks like he'll be trapped but Nebraska Smith saves him but the Box of Isis turns into ash.

At the Dark Fortress Grimlord is about to once again shame his minions when Despera reminds him that they actually won this time.

Back at the archeological site the Troopers, and Nebraska Smith decide to keep what happened a secret, and Nebraska Smith goes to investigate a fountain of youth in Brazil.

Ryan then sums up the moral of the day the end.
Old 06/24/15, 09:54 PM   #220
Zabitan
Administrator

Final Thoughts.

This whole thing was just weird.

I liked the idea of the Troopers accidentally stumbling into another dimension, and almost finding out that Grimlord is really Karl Ziktor.

I also liked that we got to see how Ziktor became Grimlord in the first place, and why Professor Hart only exists as a virtual image.

I also got a kick out of Nebraska Smith, and how they based him off Tom Selleck playing Indiana Jones since Tom Selleck almost did play Indiana Jones.

I also liked Hydrabot he was a cool monster with cool powers.

I think my only problems are how they tried to explain Virtual Reality away as ancient Egyptian magic tech.

Especially since up until now there was nothing to say that it wasn't just something Tyler Steele, Horatio Hart, and Daniel Jacobson created that Karl Ziktor stole.

It also bugged me that JB, and Kaitlin spent the entire first part untranformed.

And in the Shaider episodes they used the fight with Doom Master was his final battle, and it seemed like there was either another fight with Despera that they either took out or just took parts from both, and combined them into one.

What's especially weird is that there was a Shaider episode that was never adapted that was part of the same storyline as these episodes that they could have used.

It also bugged me that it seemed like Ryan could have just took the book, and the rock at the same time, and just gave JB, and Kaitlin the book when he turned them back to normal.

That, and it seemed like there was a lot of padding, and reminding us of things we already know.

I got the feeling that this was supposed to be this Season's Defending Dark Heart, and that they were setting up a new storyline with the Troopers trying to find out Grimlord's identity.

And had the show had a true finale or another Season they probably would have resolved it the way Quest for Power resolved the search for Tyler Steele.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
episode discussion, vr troopers