View Single Post
Old 06/24/15, 09:54 PM   #220
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final Thoughts.

This whole thing was just weird.

I liked the idea of the Troopers accidentally stumbling into another dimension, and almost finding out that Grimlord is really Karl Ziktor.

I also liked that we got to see how Ziktor became Grimlord in the first place, and why Professor Hart only exists as a virtual image.

I also got a kick out of Nebraska Smith, and how they based him off Tom Selleck playing Indiana Jones since Tom Selleck almost did play Indiana Jones.

I also liked Hydrabot he was a cool monster with cool powers.

I think my only problems are how they tried to explain Virtual Reality away as ancient Egyptian magic tech.

Especially since up until now there was nothing to say that it wasn't just something Tyler Steele, Horatio Hart, and Daniel Jacobson created that Karl Ziktor stole.

It also bugged me that JB, and Kaitlin spent the entire first part untranformed.

And in the Shaider episodes they used the fight with Doom Master was his final battle, and it seemed like there was either another fight with Despera that they either took out or just took parts from both, and combined them into one.

What's especially weird is that there was a Shaider episode that was never adapted that was part of the same storyline as these episodes that they could have used.

It also bugged me that it seemed like Ryan could have just took the book, and the rock at the same time, and just gave JB, and Kaitlin the book when he turned them back to normal.

That, and it seemed like there was a lot of padding, and reminding us of things we already know.

I got the feeling that this was supposed to be this Season's Defending Dark Heart, and that they were setting up a new storyline with the Troopers trying to find out Grimlord's identity.

And had the show had a true finale or another Season they probably would have resolved it the way Quest for Power resolved the search for Tyler Steele.

Tune in next time for more Magic Happy VR Troopers Reviews.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote