View Single Post
Old 05/06/15, 06:23 PM   #157
Zabitan
Administrator

Default Re: Zabitan's Magic Happy American Tokusatu Reviews

Final thoughts on VR Troopers Season One

I'm trying to think of of where I should start since I was originally just going to do the "what I liked, and what Final thoughts on VR Troopers Season One

I'm trying to think of of where I should start since I was originally just going to do the "what I liked, and what I don't like" thing

But then I realized I could think of something I liked about anything, and something I didn't like about that same thing.

So I realized I should break this up into what I think of particular things the characters, the powers, weapons, and vehicles, the story, the production, etc.

I also noticed, and this is more of a hypothesis then an outright rule it seems like there's three kinds of people when it comes to this show

You have people who think this is the worst show ever without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.mostly because they think it ruins the Metal Hero.shows it was based on.

You have people who like it but mostly because they like how "darker" it is because the main hero is looking for his dad who might be dead, and because the villain is a corporate executive who's evil plans are sometimes more about making money than taking over the world.

And you have people who are almost in the middle in that they like it but they like it "ironically" because of how weird, and silly they find everything.

And for me I find myself somewhere between group 2, and group 3 because and this is something you'll hear me say quite a bit which is that there's a lot of things that I like or at least understand that other people don't but I understand why other people don't

Or it's because I think if anything VR Troopers actually is true to the Metal Hero shows that it was based on, and some things I had problems with were problems I had with the Metal Hero shows or where actually improved.bI don't like" thing

But then I realized I could think of something I liked about anything, and something I didn't like about that same thing.

So I realized I should break this up into what I think of particular things the characters, the powers, weapons, and vehicles, the story, the production, etc.

I also noticed, and this is more of a hypothesis then an outright rule it seems like there's three kinds of people when it comes to this show

You have people who think this is the worst show ever without any redeeming qualities whatsoever.mostly because they think it ruins the Metal Hero.shows it was based on.

You have people who like it but mostly because they like how "darker" it is because the main hero is looking for his dad who might be dead, and because the villain is a corporate executive who's evil plans are sometimes more about making money than taking over the world.

And you have people who are almost in the middle in that they like it but they like it "ironically" because of how weird, and silly they find everything.

And for me I find myself somewhere between group 2, and group 3 because and this is something you'll hear me say quite a bit which is that there's a lot of things that I like or at least understand that other people don't but I understand why other people don't

Or it's because I think if anything VR Troopers actually is true to the Metal Hero shows that it was based on, and some things I had problems with were problems I had with the Metal Hero shows or where actually improved.

Though I want to save discussions about the Metal Hero shows for when I decide to do dedicated reviews on them.

Last edited by Zabitan; 05/06/15 at 08:50 PM.
Zabitan is offline   Reply With Quote