Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Saban and Bandai news (Hasbro Update) (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8618)

MattEmily 02/15/18 05:40 PM

Saban and Bandai news (Hasbro Update)

News just came out that Saban and Bandai will NOT be renewing their partnership.

Source: http://news.tokunation.com/2018/02/1...edium=facebook

Zabitan 02/15/18 05:57 PM

Re: Saban and Bandai news

That's crazy.

I keep hearing people think they're going with Hasbro as a replacement.

MattEmily 02/15/18 06:02 PM

that's what I'm hearing as well

Zabitan 02/15/18 06:02 PM

I still remember when they made toys for VR Troopers.

PRangerX 02/15/18 06:31 PM

I thought that was Kenner? They may have been bought by Hasbro since then.

But in any case this is shocking news. Bandai is a huge deal and so is the Power Rangers Toy Brand. We know Bandai has had a lot of influence on the brand as well. There could be a potential wierd dynamic down the line since Bandai and Super Sentai will still be working together.

Hasbro's possible involvement has me thinking they may have outbid Bandai. Hasbro is a powerful company itself. This os a major shift in power.

Bandai Guy 02/15/18 06:32 PM

I can't believe Saban Brands is ditching Bandai. They have had such a big part in Power Rangsrs and continue to have a big part in Super Sentai. I can't imagine Bandai is very happy about this.

Goldar's Revenge 02/15/18 06:35 PM

This can't be a move Saban Brands made lightly. Since Bandai has been their partner with them for both their runs in charge of the franchise. And was partnered with Power Rangers for what will end up being 25 years.

MattEmily 02/15/18 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 74479)
I still remember when they made toys for VR Troopers.

dunno if they did that but did you check your PMs? I had sent you a funny response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 74480)
I thought that was Kenner? They may have been bought by Hasbro since then.

But in any case this is shocking news. Bandai is a huge deal and so is the Power Rangers Toy Brand. We know Bandai has had a lot of influence on the brand as well. There could be a potential wierd dynamic down the line since Bandai and Super Sentai will still be working together.

Hasbro's possible involvement has me thinking they may have outbid Bandai. Hasbro is a powerful company itself. This os a major shift in power.

I took a look at Kenner's Wikipedia page and VR Troopers was indeed something in a previous license but as part of a merger with Hasbro the Kenner company closed.

yea that'll be weird since Toei and Bandai of Japan will still have their partnership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandai Guy (Post 74481)
I can't believe Saban Brands is ditching Bandai. They have had such a big part in Power Rangsrs and continue to have a big part in Super Sentai. I can't imagine Bandai is very happy about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 74483)
This can't be a move Saban Brands made lightly. Since Bandai has been their partner with them for both their runs in charge of the franchise. And was partnered with Power Rangers for what will end up being 25 years.

yea I would have to agree that this isn't a move that Saban Brands made lightly in fact I would have to agree with PRangerX that someone had just outbid them for the license.

Disney Ranger 02/15/18 10:43 PM

I really wish Disney would have partnered with Saban Brands.

Kimberly Hart 02/15/18 11:15 PM

:whatever:I hope they still make good quality toys.

MattEmily 02/15/18 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimberly Hart (Post 74491)
:whatever:I hope they still make good quality toys.

so do I the quality of toys with Bandai just wasn't that great. The Legacy line was good but it wasn't as great as it could've been they were always making too many mistakes and I do mean too many.

MattEmily 02/16/18 10:35 AM

well it's official the rumor was indeed correct it is indeed Hasbro who has picked up the toy rights

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/02/1...edium=facebook

PRangerX 02/16/18 03:47 PM

I figured thats where things were heading when tokunoob reported they hears Hasbro was was the new partner.

Hasbro Ranger 02/16/18 03:49 PM

Wow, I've never thought they would leave Bandai for Hasbro. But I am very excited as a big fan of that company.

Ninja Storm Fan 02/16/18 03:51 PM

i hope they make some gooe Ninja Storm toys and pressure Saban into bringing that brand back on tv.

Saban Fan 02/16/18 03:52 PM

I am very surprised. I really thought Saban was married to Bandai for life. But I believe he knows what he is doing. He wouldn't do anything that wasn't best for Power Rangers.

PRangerX 02/16/18 04:08 PM

Re: Saban and Bandai news (Hasbro Update)

I edited the thread title to reflecr the Hasbro News. Which is just as big as leaving Bandai.

Sentai Is Forever 02/16/18 09:19 PM

What a big mistake! Saban should be working with Bandai Japan. But at least Bandai America was their sister company. Toei needs to take full control of American Sentai asap.

Maligore 02/16/18 09:34 PM

Bandai was cheap anyway.

MattEmily 02/17/18 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 74539)
Bandai was cheap anyway.

just look at their mustard Legacy Gold Ranger as their best example

Zabitan 02/17/18 12:56 PM

Part of me wonders what would happen if Disney still owned Power Rangers since doesn't Hasbro make toys for Marvel, and Star Wars?

Quantum Hunter 02/17/18 01:01 PM

Power Rangers would still be in the vault. And Bandai USA may have dropped them when they made no more live action.

MattEmily 02/17/18 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 74570)
Part of me wonders what would happen if Disney still owned Power Rangers since doesn't Hasbro make toys for Marvel, and Star Wars?

let's see... computer activate search to Hasbro wikipedia

yes they do

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Hunter (Post 74572)
Power Rangers would still be in the vault. And Bandai USA may have dropped them when they made no more live action.

new eps would be in the vault but the show probably wouldn't be and we don't know how long that specific contract was for back then so Bandai might have been producing new merchandise even without a new season that year

PRangerX 02/17/18 02:12 PM

Disney probably would have sold off the brand to someone if they still refused to revive the brand. There would have been too much money invovled with Bandai and Toei. Also just ignoring PR's toyline would be make bad business sense. Its probably why they wanted to do animation and tried the MMPR revision.

If Disney did revive the live action Brand they probably would have continud with Bandai America. But switching brands wouldn't be out of the question. I mean the Saban Hasbro deal shows us anything is possible. Its just hard to say what Disney would have done. Since were talking about an entirely different management team. We don't know if they would have made the ewitch to Hasbro now. Since so many events would have been different.

Roman Ranger 02/17/18 02:48 PM

Disney probably would have tried to bring live action back. Perhaps move it over to Marvel Studios or even Lucasfilms? Working with Hasbro could have been a scenario at some point. But so would continuing with Bandai.

Polly Want A Megazord 02/17/18 02:54 PM

Wow! But I am kind of glad Bandai is gone. There toys just haven't been as good lately. I hope Hasbr will do a better job. But we are still not gonna get Bandai Japan quality.

Galaxy to Lightspeed 02/17/18 04:32 PM

I don't see a lot changing for us. At least not invovling the series.

Xenotome 02/18/18 09:25 AM

Bandai doesn't have a business going forward. This is the funeral march to their Bankruptcy. There's a reason why they were so adamant about keeping the Power Rangers toy line alive even if Disney was abandoning it & had Saban not swept in to buy it back. It's their money maker. Without it they will die and yes it is due to their own incompetence.

Zabitan 02/18/18 05:11 PM

I see, I guess it just made me think about how much it seems like a few companies are going to own everything.

Personally I just hope we get Power Rangers Hero Mashers out of this.

PRangerX 02/18/18 07:20 PM

Consolidation is a big issue accross the board. Its scary how big these companies are getting.

Hayley Oliver 02/18/18 07:49 PM

I would like to see PR move to the Disney Channel someday. But Disney is sadly uninterested.

MattEmily 02/18/18 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayley Oliver (Post 74737)
I would like to see PR move to the Disney Channel someday. But Disney is sadly uninterested.

not just uninterested but they like to control their content in some fashion so they have a say in what goes in it and if something objectionable is in it then they have the freedom of editing it out but with Power Rangers they wouldn't get that kind of freedom.

Disney Ranger 02/18/18 09:44 PM

I always thought Power Rangers would be a great fit for the Disney Channel. Its too bad they never put it on while they owned the show. But since Disney wlth Hasbro. Perhaps they will get it on the Disney Channel if they purchase Power Rangers. Of course Disney would insist Hasbro use their people.

MattEmily 02/18/18 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74745)
I always thought Power Rangers would be a great fit for the Disney Channel. Its too bad they never put it on while they owned the show. But since Disney wlth Hasbro. Perhaps they will get it on the Disney Channel if they purchase Power Rangers. Of course Disney would insist Hasbro use their people.

you Disney fanatics are not getting it. Disney does NOT want it PERIOD not even if they could control its content but the fact they can't just adds to the further issue. Disney sold Power Rangers because they DID NOT WANT IT. Can't you comprehend that or are you that incapable of using your peanut-sized brain?

Massive Ego 02/18/18 09:53 PM

Disney ruined Power Rangers. I don't want them anywhere near it.

MattEmily 02/21/18 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandai Guy (Post 74481)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hasbro Ranger (Post 74498)
Wow, I've never thought they would leave Bandai for Hasbro. But I am very excited as a big fan of that company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saban Fan (Post 74500)
I am very surprised. I really thought Saban was married to Bandai for life. But I believe he knows what he is doing. He wouldn't do anything that wasn't best for Power Rangers.

from what I'm hearing it sounds like Bandai had nothing to do with it the decision came from Saban Brands' side. I guess they weren't happy with the constant messages that they were getting on Bandai's less than quality of products for their merchandise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galaxy to Lightspeed (Post 74612)
I don't see a lot changing for us. At least not invovling the series.

I do. Remember that Bandai is the one who kept on insisting for the pilot suits I don't see Hasbro doing that and the "Super" stuff might have been a Bandai order I don't think Hasbro will care about changing the title so "Super Ninja Steel" could be the last "Super" that we'll be seeing in a series title.

Hayley Oliver 02/21/18 10:43 PM

I'm not a Disney freak. I just would like PR to end up on Disney. I know its probably not going to happen.

MattEmily 02/21/18 11:02 PM

yea that won't be happening.

Disney Ranger 02/22/18 11:43 AM

Sure it can, Disney can do anything. And I think its very likely that they will own everything someday.

Crimson Hunter 02/22/18 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 74934)
Sure it can, Disney can do anything. And I think its very likely that they will own everything someday.

Sounds like a bad sci-fi movie.