Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Goldar's New Appearance Explained (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7795)

PRangerX 03/09/17 11:47 AM

Goldar's New Appearance Explained

Entertainment Weekly has an article up where the direction PRM Director explains why his version of Goldar looks so different from the tv version.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/power-ran...1&noRedirect=1

MMPR Forever 03/09/17 11:48 AM

Re: Goldar's New Appearance Explained

He just looks so ugly. Im sorry but thats bot a good reason to turn Goldar into that.

Usagi Reborn 03/09/17 11:49 AM

I get the reasoning. Having him represent Rita's evil is a good idea. But the design is just too wierd.

Goldar's Revenge 03/10/17 11:16 AM

Its just a complete disconnect with what Goldar should be. He doesn't even feel like he is going to be the same character.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 03/10/17 11:18 AM

In a lot of ways he isn't. The movie is doing its own thing and is not afraid to change things up. They weren't going to do a scene by scene by scene remake of "Day of the Dumpster".

Vypra's Monster 03/10/17 11:19 AM

He looks pretty ugly. Thats for sure.

Call Titanus 03/10/17 11:20 AM

Couldn't they have just had the monster be Mutaties or some new character? Why waste Goldar as a Monster Of The Day.

Super Zeo Ranger 03/10/17 10:57 PM

At least they are trying to explain why the character is different. It all sounds plausible to me.

Kameron Poe 03/11/17 12:06 PM

I don't necessarily hate it. But I can tell it will take some getting used too.

Rita's Pita 03/11/17 12:06 PM

Its another villain they aren't doing justice to.

Turbo Guy 03/11/17 12:08 PM

I know. How will Goldar crack unintentional jokes like he did on the show? Goldar is supposed to be funny.

Cassidy Casablancas 03/11/17 12:08 PM

There going to make him way too dark.

Goldar's Revenge 03/12/17 03:02 PM

It just shows the complete disconnect the makers of the film have with Bandai. It's almost like Lionsgate wants this to fail.

MattEmily 03/12/17 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Ranger Gone Bad (Post 64792)
In a lot of ways he isn't. The movie is doing its own thing and is not afraid to change things up. They weren't going to do a scene by scene by scene remake of "Day of the Dumpster".

yea the movie Goldar isn't supposed to be the same as the one that we saw in the show BUT the movie design is just awful. Yes they are changing things up but I don't agree with most of the changes. I don't think anyone truly wanted a copy-and-paste of "Day of the Dumpster" but a lot of fans aren't that crazy about the movie being a reboot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call Titanus (Post 64794)
Couldn't they have just had the monster be Mutaties or some new character? Why waste Goldar as a Monster Of The Day.

I don't know about mutant monsters but I just don't like the idea of them using Goldar as a monster and not a General I mean come up with something original since that was who they fought first in the show as well after fighting Putties.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rita's Pita (Post 64815)
Its another villain they aren't doing justice to.

well I don't agree with the "another villain they aren't doing justice to" part of your message but they definitely aren't doing justice to Goldar at all.

Zabitan 03/12/17 07:13 PM

I wouldn't care so much if that was just his armor, and he still looked like some kind of mammal creature underneath.

Then again I wish they also had Squatt, Babboo, and Finster.

PRangerX 03/12/17 07:42 PM

I think this movie has to be a reboot. Especially since the target demo is much older.

Call Titanus 03/12/17 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 64828)
I don't know about mutant monsters but I just don't like the idea of them using Goldar as a monster and not a General I mean come up with something original since that was who they fought first in the show as well after fighting Putties

I was talking about the monster Lokar used when he debuted in MMPR.

Zeo Power 03/13/17 04:15 PM

This movie would be better if they adapted Zeo.

Sentai Is Forever 03/13/17 05:00 PM

I think its an insult to the Sentai. Since Grifforzar looks nothing like that. The whole movie seems to have no respect for Zyuranger..

Trini Fan 03/13/17 08:26 PM

I want to give the movie a chance. But the designs for Goldar and some of the other character designs are terrible. I also don't like the new Trini in the previews. She seems too sarcastic and probably won't measure up to the old Trini.

MattEmily 03/13/17 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 64856)
I think its an insult to the Sentai. Since Grifforzar looks nothing like that. The whole movie seems to have no respect for Zyuranger..

it's not supposed to have any Zyuranger respect since it's a Power Rangers movie but I do agree with you in regards to Goldar's look.

Zabitan 03/13/17 08:52 PM

Has anyone from the show ever said what Goldar is supposed to be?

Because on one I'll admit I would like it if they said he was a griffin like Zyuranger but on the other I always figured you might as well say he was a Zandozan from planet ZX12-1000

PRangerX 03/14/17 01:14 AM

Good question. We know he worked for Zedd before Rita. Was he a Monster that became a general or an evil space alien?

MattEmily 03/14/17 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Call Titanus (Post 64831)
I was talking about the monster Lokar used when he debuted in MMPR.

oh you mean Mutitus? I really don't think that kind of strong powerful monster would be the right one to be the first monster but his design in the show was awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 64869)
Has anyone from the show ever said what Goldar is supposed to be?

Because on one I'll admit I would like it if they said he was a griffin like Zyuranger but on the other I always figured you might as well say he was a Zandozan from planet ZX12-1000

no I don't believe they have usually in-show they had the Rangers or other villains make insults based on Goldar's design.

Power Rangers Forever 03/14/17 12:54 PM

He was called a monkey at times as an insult.

Space Crazy 03/14/17 01:13 PM

I tend to think Goldar was an Evil Space Alien. The original bad guys were all from outer space. And the toy merchandise referred to them as Evil Space Aliens.

Knights of Ren 03/15/17 12:06 PM

I get there reasoning for representing Rita's evil but it would have made sense to do this with new character