Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why didn't Saban Brands try to buy Fox (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8419)

Movie Ranger 12/27/17 11:29 AM

Re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to buy Fox

I'm more surprised Fox didn't buy Power Rangers themselves, I'm talkong hen Dis 36n sold it. Which would have been funny since Disney would have just bought PR back by default again.

MattEmily 12/27/17 11:31 AM

Re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to by Fox

Quote:

Originally Posted by VR Master (Post 71260)
I don't think Saban Brands is a big enough company to make those kind of deals. They don't own much besides Power Rangers.

true but no one can beat the global giants of Disney and Viacom who likely own 80% of Hollyword and TV-related stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 71261)
I think Saban still owns Univision.

it was sold to Broadcasting Media Partners so I think they only partially own it.

MattEmily 12/27/17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Movie Ranger (Post 71268)
I'm more surprised Fox didn't buy Power Rangers themselves, I'm talkong hen Dis 36n sold it. Which would have been funny since Disney would have just bought PR back by default again.

why would they want it?

No Green Spandex 12/27/17 12:41 PM

Re: Why didn't Saban Brands try to by Fox

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71270)
true but no one can beat the global giants of Disney and Viacom who likely own 80% of Hollyword and TV-related stuff.

it was sold to Broadcasting Media Partners so I think they only partially own it.

Then they should have bought Fox.

Movie Ranger 12/27/17 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 71272)
why would they want it?

They aired the show before. I figured they might want in on the brand again. Plus they are a bigger company than Saban Brands.

Disney Ranger 12/27/17 12:47 PM

I'm still surprised that Disney didn't hold onto the brand until they wanted to use it. But I am surprised they didn't trade Power Rangers to Fox for Fantasic Four.

In regards to the Fox deal now? Once Disney wants something they get it. No one would be aboe to outbid them. Its better for the American Consumers that Disney ended up with 20 Century Fox anyway.

PRangerX 12/27/17 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 71277)
I'm still surprised that Disney didn't hold onto the brand until they wanted to use it. But I am surprised they didn't trade Power Rangers to Fox for Fantasic Four.

In regards to the Fox deal now? Once Disney wants something they get it. No one would be able to outbid them. Its better for the American Consumers that Disney ended up with 20 Century Fox anyway.

Why ? It creates more of a monopoly if this gets approved. Thats never good for consumers. As fun as it is to speculate about how Marvel would deal with X Men or Fantastic Four. It just gives the company way too much power .

Disney Ranger 12/27/17 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 71278)
Why ? It creates more of a monopoly if this gets approved. Thats never good for consumers. As fun as it is to speculate about how Marvel would deal with X Men or Fantastic Four. It just gives the company way too much power .

I wouldn't worry anout that too much. Disney isn't like other companies. They always do the right thing for consumers.

Massive Ego 12/27/17 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Ranger (Post 71279)
I wouldn't worry anout that too much. Disney isn't like other companies. They always do the right thing for consumers.

Thats fantasy level delusion. Disney is just like any other company and will do whats best for their bottom line.

Tommy Hater 12/27/17 02:15 PM

I would rather keep X Men its own separate movie franchise but thats probably not what Marvel will do.