PDA

View Full Version : Space Rangers getting there powers too easy

Phantom Stranger
10/30/16, 12:29 PM
Do you guys think the Space Rangers got their powers to easiy?

Up until that point getting new powers was hard. Andros just givening them morphers seemed too convenient a way of then getting powers.

Captain Mutiny
10/30/16, 12:33 PM
Andros had the morphers the whole time. He was supposed to recruit Rangers to join him but didn't trust anybody until he meant the Turbo Rangers. We never mean Andros before so it wasn't inconceivable for him to have more morphers. Its like saying it was too easy for the original MMPR team to get their powers, just because Zordon already had them to give.

PRangerX
10/30/16, 12:35 PM
I remember wondering how the heck they were going to have time to find new powers when I saw the preview for the second part of the episode. It ended up being a cool moment though...When Andros gives them the morphers and they morph as Space Rangers for the first time.

MMPR Forever
10/30/16, 12:36 PM
This is when Power Rangers started to get too crazy with the new powers.

VR Master
10/30/16, 12:37 PM
Its not any more crazy than the Zeo Rangers just making the Turbo Powers out of nowhere for no real reason.

KimandTommy
10/30/16, 12:39 PM
I wish the original Turbo Rangers got to become the Space Rangers. Tommy would have needed to be Red though.

No Green Spandex
10/30/16, 12:40 PM
No way! If that happened... Tommy definitely needed to be blue like TJ. It would have tottally rehabbed the character if they finally let someone else have the glory. If TJ can go blue so could Tommy have.

MMPR Guy
10/30/16, 12:42 PM
Just as long as Justin still leaves in Turbo.

Turbo Guy
10/30/16, 12:43 PM
Justin should have came back as the Silver Ranger.

Astronema
10/30/16, 12:45 PM
I think it was for the best. Space worked best with the cast they had.

As the the original topic. I had no problem with Andros having the powers the whole time. I made sense , since it seemed like Andros knew more about how the Turbos's could legitimately help him than he was letting on.

Ashley Andros
10/30/16, 12:47 PM
The cast change was for the best. Maybe they should have done a third part where Andros has to help the Rangers find their Space Morphers on KO35 while Divatox tries to stop them. Would allow them to get revenge on Divatox while Astronema regrouped from her defeat in Part 2.

MattEmily
10/31/16, 03:30 AM
Do you guys think the Space Rangers got their powers to easiy?

Up until that point getting new powers was hard. Andros just givening them morphers seemed too convenient a way of then getting powers.

so giving the powers in Turbo wasn't your definition of easy? that was just as easy if not moreso.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
10/31/16, 04:23 PM
The whole thing was part of Zordon's Master Plan. Things just happened differently once Eltar failed and Zordon was captured. Alpha and Andros knew this. Andros was just reluctant to trust the Turbos or anybody really. This is why Alpha stayed on aboard to convince Andros to recruit the Turbos like Zordon planned.

KimandTommy
10/31/16, 09:16 PM
I think Zordon originally wanted the original MMPR Rangers to come back and be Space Rangers. That's why the first Turbo Rangers were retired. Zordon just never called them before his capture. And the Turbo Rangers ended up taking the morphers.

PRangerX
11/07/16, 09:30 PM
so giving the powers in Turbo wasn't your definition of easy? that was just as easy if not moreso.

When you think about it that was even more out of left field. Considering we had no real reason on screen for why they just didn't use the Zeo Powers with the new Turbo Zords.

I Love Lothor
11/08/16, 08:07 AM
Power Rangers In Space was just wierd. I only liked it when Rita and Zedd were around.

Jason Chan Fan
11/09/16, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it wasn't very fun. But Power Rangers went into a long drought around then.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
11/09/16, 11:39 AM
We don't know how Andros got the Space Powers. So anything is possible. He didn't seem thrilled to work with anyone. So its not unbelievable that he just kept the morphers in storage. The Space Powers may have been made made like Lightspeed's.

Doomsday
11/13/16, 11:41 AM
Its been a problem with PR for years. Power Ranger powers grow on trees now and don't seem special anymore.

Kimberly Hart
11/13/16, 12:16 PM
They should have had to go to Eltar or KO 35 to get new powers.

Forever Pink
11/13/16, 10:17 PM
I didn't like how Astronema was able to morph so easily when she impersonated Ashley.

MattEmily
11/14/16, 12:24 PM
When you think about it that was even more out of left field. Considering we had no real reason on screen for why they just didn't use the Zeo Powers with the new Turbo Zords.

no doubt but there was a reason for why they weren't using the Zeo powers in the movie. They needed the keys to cross through the Nemesis Triangle and Maligore was going to be too powerful for the Zeozords but him being too powerful for the Zeozord really doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest with you so I think that was just a case of them trying to excuse themselves out of a reason to avoid destroying the Zeozords since they didn't have any of the zord suits.

We don't know how Andros got the Space Powers. So anything is possible. He didn't seem thrilled to work with anyone. So its not unbelievable that he just kept the morphers in storage. The Space Powers may have been made made like Lightspeed's.
very true or they could have came from Eltar somehow since Andros knew about Zordon.

Its been a problem with PR for years. Power Ranger powers grow on trees now and don't seem special anymore.

while they do grow on trees I disagree that they don't seem as special anymore.

They should have had to go to Eltar or KO 35 to get new powers.

yea that would have been a better idea.

I didn't like how Astronema was able to morph so easily when she impersonated Ashley.

to be fair it did make sense though since she had went through a Jump Tube which had an instamorph feature.

MattEmily
12/05/17, 02:47 AM
Its not any more crazy than the Zeo Rangers just making the Turbo Powers out of nowhere for no real reason.

not quite they made the zords not their powers.

something else I forgot to mention is it was also mentioned that the ship and the Turbozords couldn't be detected by Divatox so perhaps that was another reason for the change in powers other than because they needed the keys to pass through the Nemesis Triangle maybe perhaps they couldn't block their Zeo powers from radar?