PDA

View Full Version : "Ranger Black" should have been the ending of RPM

No Green Spandex
01/23/15, 12:09 PM
I really llike RPM. But I think it would have been better with Eddie's original ending, "Ranger Black", Dillion has Venjix would havd been a heck of a curve ball. Especially, with them setting it up all season.

It would have been so tragic if the Rangers had to kill the man they thought was their friend. Yet really didn't exist and was the big bad. The Rangers would have saved the day but emotionally would have lost something special. Its an ending PR has never done. It could have been legendary.

Inner Senshi
01/23/15, 12:18 PM
Tragedy in Power Rangers? Doesn't seem to fit for me. Unless it was part one of a two parter, with them saving Dillion in the end. There is no way killing Dilion off like that would have worked on PR. Its a show for children. RPM wasn't Battlestar Galactica.

MattEmily
01/23/15, 03:26 PM
I agree with Inner Senshi. Something like that would have never flew unless it was on a more appropriate network for it like Cartoon Network or Discovery Family but I still wouldn't see them approving of it since Power Rangers is a kids show and they don't like to have tragedies in the show especially of the Rangers themselves. Allies are one thing but Rangers are a separate matter entirely.

Kilobyte
01/23/15, 04:20 PM
I would have liked that ending. It would have been sad but there is the potential for a lot of good drama there.It would have been original and tottally unexpected. It did seem kind of odd that Dillon just happened to survive in the middle of nowhere.

Captain Codfish
01/23/15, 04:21 PM
This ending has potential. RPM was good as it is. But this could have made it being ever. It could have ended up as the best episode ever. Or at least among them.

Everyone Loves Rocky
01/25/15, 04:14 PM
No way! That would have been stupid of them! Having Dillion turn on his friends and get destroyed wouldn't have been a real ending. I am glad they changed it. The show would have been stuck with a down ending. And at the time we didn't know when it would be back.

Adam White Tiger
01/25/15, 11:55 PM
The ending could have destoryed PR. Its a kids show. And it can't get that dark. Disney was already done with the show. We didn't need something bad like that to destory it. It would have totally ruined RPM. Dillion was a good guy, just didn't know it in the beginning. I am glad Lynn didn't keep Eddie's ending.

Superhero Galaxy
01/26/15, 03:09 PM
Never knew about that planned ending. I would have had to see it to judge it. And we never will. I think it would have been very controversal.

Khan's Wrath
02/04/15, 12:12 PM
I would have like to see Dilion turn against the Rangers. Only for the Rangers to save them.

Dino Charger
02/05/15, 07:47 AM
I don't buy that, they would have been able to have gone through with it. Disney execs never would have allowed it. Plus plans often times change or are tweaked. I don't think the plans for the episode would be close to the original plan in the end. Even if Eddie stayed on.

No Green Spandex
02/05/15, 11:29 AM
Sometimes what is painful to the audience makes for good drama. Having Dillion really be Venjix would be an awesome twist. Forcing he Rangers to fight their own friend would have been such good drama. I think they would have gotten away with it if the producers didn't change.

Lightspeed Zeo
02/05/15, 11:54 AM
That would have been a crap ending. RPM was fine like it was. Well except for Gem and Gemma.

Disney Ranger
02/05/15, 05:31 PM
I don't think this would have happened. Disney would never let it happen.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
02/05/15, 05:35 PM
The ending would have been really stupid. Im so glad Lynn came into save RPM. Eddie just didnt get it. I would rather have Kalish than Eddie.

Zord Commander
02/07/15, 12:55 PM
I don't think this would have happened. Disney would never let it happen.

Disney didn't care. They were cancelling the show. They would have got away with it.

Turbo Guy
02/07/15, 12:58 PM
They would care after the fact when all the parents would complain.

Zord Commander
02/07/15, 12:59 PM
Only when it's trumped up by the media or especially bad. I doubt they would have been graphic and violated broadcast standards.

Space Nerd
02/07/15, 01:00 PM
But they couldn't even kill Mack without bringing him back. And he was a robot.

Dino Charger
02/11/15, 09:35 PM
That ending would have been stupid . "Danger and Destiny" was a fine finalie. "Ranger Black" would have been an abomination and ruined the franchise. That kinds of super tragic crap has no business in Power Rangers.

Sledge's Bounty
02/13/15, 09:40 PM
They just couldn't end the show like that. It would have been a slap in the face to every PR fan. Especially since it was the last episode for all we knew. Dillion was a true Ranger and a true friend. Their is no way he would go bad. Not even if his memories were fake. His love for Summer was real and would have brought him back to the good side. As would his sibling love for his sister.

A Gia To Remember
02/13/15, 11:01 PM
I would have hated it too. I wanted to see Dillion and Summer be together. And we got to see that. It would have been stupid if he turned against her. I am so glad it didn't happen. Lynn gave us a much better finalie than we would have gotten otherwise.

Byron Stinger
02/16/15, 10:56 AM
It would have made a lot of sense story wise. But I don't think an ending like that would fly for a PR season.

Calamity Kimberly
02/16/15, 02:12 PM
I'm glad it didn't happen. That ending would have been too much of a downer. I like how Dillon, Summer, and Tenaya all went off together in the end.

MattEmily
02/16/15, 02:58 PM
It'd be an interesting idea but it wouldn't have happened.
For one thing Disney would have never allowed it to happen regardless of how much they didn't want Power Rangers anymore they still wouldn't have permitted such a thing to happen.
For a second thing he was a Ranger so that would be a bad ending for a Ranger and Rangers are meant to have good endings. They are not supposed to be seen as villains except for cases of spells or deceptions.

No Green Spandex
02/16/15, 03:49 PM
I just think it would have been amazing and a cool twist. It would have been unlike anything we have seen in PR. And it would have made perfect sense to have Dillion be Venjix's final form. Given everything that happened with him all season.

MattEmily
02/17/15, 06:16 AM
yea I agree it would've been completely unexpected and would've made a lot of sense with Dillon not having any memories and then getting fake memories planted into it via Venjix but unfortunately I just can't see Disney actually allowing such a thing to happen.